April 2, 2014 – 6:00 to 8:00 PM
Meeting Topic: Facilitated Meeting with Cindy Lewis
Location: Jim Darcy, 990 Lincoln Road, West
Elementary Work Group Meeting #2
Facilitator Cindy Lewis began the Work Group’s second meeting with the following comments:
- We are moving from a base of work done over the past 2 1/2 years but there is still a lot to do. We all have a stake in the outcome.
- The Work Group is responsible for the outcome and the Facilitator is responsible that there is an outcome.
- During the consensus process each will have a voice, but only one voice, and each will be able to hear everyone else. The discussions are unfiltered and the process is transparent. Everyone is treated as an equal and every voice is listened to.
- The process may seem slow but our goal is to do it right the first time. To do that takes time up front, building a foundation upon which important decisions are based.
- “We never have time to do things right but we have time to do things over and over.”
Each Work Group member answered these three questions:
- What is your relationship to the purpose?
- What are your expectations?
- How do you feel about being here?
The follow up question was: What do you feel are the three most important issues listed under the purpose?